Sunday, April 1, 2007

Keep Your Freedom.

Who loves to stay in jail forever? I believe nobody will answer this question positively. We all know that happiness is freedom. You may not know it yet, but when you get married you put yourself in jail. You are not free anymore. You are chained to your responsibilities. Furthermore, you are forced to work hard until you die.

Married people are like prisoners. They are the prisoners of responsibility and their families. When a man gets married, he looses his freedom or at least 70% of being free. He has a few hours to be out of his home. Also, there is a person who asks him everyday about where he has been? And why he is late? I have this friend who I used to hang out with and go anywhere with at anytime. We used to travel, no matter for how long, and sometimes he slept over when we got back late from somewhere. One day, my friend here got married. Consequently, now I barely see him. We, single people, still have our freedom, and we still travel and go wherever we want. Sometimes he tells us, that he wishes if he could come with us, but he can't because he can't leave his job and family.

Marriage will not only control your free time. Marriage will add a lot of responsibilities to your life. As a single person I don’t care if I can't have two or three meals a day. I don’t care if I walk to school or ride a bike to somewhere I want. I don’t care if I can make it home today, because I can sleep at a friend's place. When you get married, you have other things to think about. You have your wife, your home and maybe some kids. You are responsible for provides a good life and home for them. You can't just accept the life however it goes. Also, on holyday you have to visit your wife's family plus your own. special occasions will also be doubled, and you are responsible to choose and buy a lot of presents.

In addition, when a man gets married he is forced to work harder. He has to work more in order to get more money. He should be the one who supports his family with all their needs. In fact, the hard work increases year after year of marriage. when he has kids, he has to work even harder to get them money for clothes, schools, cars and even college needs. If one day he doesn't provide something to his children or wife, she and her family will start blaming him and annoying him all the time. So, one way or another he finds himself forced to work harder at least to avoid headaches and problems.

In my country we have this phrase "the golden cage", that means "Marriage", I guess that is right. Marriage can be golden, but it's also a cage. So, go ahead people, lock yourself in that cage forever. And for you who are still single, spread your wings and fly guys, anywhere, anytime and any day. Everyone has choice in life, to be single or married, but who wants to be a prisoner for life?

No comments: